Monday 31 December 2012

Three Hundred and Sixty Fifth Day

Its day one of 2013.

Where to start? I didn't have a big night, but it was bigger than I anticipated with the arrival of a friend and work colleague yesterday afternoon and the popping of champagne corks around about 10 seconds after she walked through the door.
We got through two bottles of sparkling between us and two Waterloo Sunsets (vodka, orange juice and grenadine) each between 1.30pm and 10pm
I had hit the wall by 10pm and was off to bed with a belly full of butter chicken and a reasonably nice countenance.
I am currently reading "Close Your Eyes"by Ewan Morrison which is compelling and horrific and a bit like having a scab on your knee that you can't keep from picking at - you know something not very pleasant is waiting there for you but you can't help taking a look, even though it hurts.
I got a few books for Chrimbo and my birthday, so I am sure there will be many reports of the books enjoyed or tossed to one side in boredom or disgust in the following posts
 I am also on day 1 of week two of my C25K program. I have attempted this feat a couple of times before (never say die, just say later maybe) but mostly using the printed out version and a stop watch on the treadmill in the nerd cave (more about the nerd cave later). Earlier this year I downloaded the app for C25K onto my iphone and its working a treat - sometimes I watch Boardwalk Empire or Mad Men (ruin of my life, that show. I just want to drink and smoke and wear nice clothes ALL the time) while I run, but I have to say, listening to good old fashioned music on the iphone while having the nice perky lady tell me when to run and when to walk is proving to be the most satisfactory. I have also been discovering newish music in this fashion - enjoying a bit of Northern Soul and rediscovering Tom Petty via listening to Noah and the Whale - is it just me or does LIFEGOESON sound like "Don't Come Around Here No More"met, fell in love with and married "Walk on the Wild Side"?




No comments:

Post a Comment